Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 2-8

This week was another pretty relaxing week, besides our Italian quiz.  It's finally starting to start like school and not just seem like a very long vacation.  Our teachers are starting to assign us readings and homework assignment... which me, as well as the kids in my program are not too pleased about.  

For one of my classes this week, we had a field study to a museum to see art that is called "Futurismo".  It was a period where youth, technology and speed were portrayed in the artwork.  We had to choose a painting and describe how the painting ties into Facism for my sociology class.  I chose to describe a painting called "Women Swimmers".

On Friday, my friends Alli and Kristin (who are studying in Florence) came to Rome for the weekend to end their spring break.  We had tons of fun going out and seeing the Trevi Fountain (and throwing coins into it.)  On Saturday, we also went to Villa Borghese, which is a beautiful park in Rome and we walked around for hours.  It was the perfect day for it because the sun was shining and it was just the right temperature.

They left early Sunday morning, so Natalie and I didn't get to see them, but we got to sleep in.... which was great because I can honestly say that that was the longest I have slept in, in like atleast a year.  We just relaxed and went to another park close to us and listened to music and played soccer with our friends!  Great and relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment