Sunday, March 1, 2009

February 23- March 1

This week was very relaxing.  Just consisted of taking classes and exploring.  On Wednesday the 25th I went on a tour of the Coliseum and the Roman Forum with my neighbor Meghan.  It was really awesome.  I tried to get ashes for lent, but when I looked around no one had ashes on their forehead and we later learned that is due to the fact that they sprinkle the ashes in their hair instead.  Also this week, I went to see the Vatican with my friends Meghan, Tom and Kelly.  We didn't go in but we looked outside.  Kelly is an art history major so she was telling us all about the architecture so we had our own tour guide.

On Saturday, since in State College it's State Patty's day, we had our own State Patty's day in Rome.  It was by far the prettiest day we have had yet in Rome.  So we decided to have a day drinking party at my friend's balcony/apartment.  Later that night we went to the Penn State bar in Rome.  The man who owns the bar loves Pennsylvania, Penn State and Pittsburgh in particular.  He was awesome and the bar will definitely become a common place we go to!

On Sunday, Meghan and I went to the market in Trasteverie.  Very nice market with lots of stuff for very cheap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment